Every brunch place should have this breakfast on their menu, if you ask me. This is how you make avocado toast more interesting, and more nutritious too. I call it Mexican breakfast toast with avocado and bean salsa.
If you like Mexican food, then you’re going to love this. This is currently a definite plant-based breakfast favourite at ours and I usually make it on a big plate like in the picture. We’ve been having this for breakfast almost every weekend that we’ve spent at home this year so it’s about time I share this little breakfast favourite of ours.
As we know, avocado has some good fats and the black beans are full of protein. Add some sun shine with the mango and choose a good quality bread and you are in for a real treat. This breakfast toast will get you full and leave a smile on your face and it’s super easy to make.
I love long breakfasts on the weekends, having a sit-down breakfast which turns into a brunch and a big pot of coffee. That’s what life’s simple pleasure are all about, isn’t it?
Wishing you all lots of long breakfast times and I hope you enjoy this Mexican breakfast toast. xx
- ● 2 ripe avocados
- ● 1 garlic clove
- ● 1 lime
- ● 2 tsp sriracha (or other hot sauce)
- ● ½ red onion
- ● 1 x 400g can black beans (cooked)
- ● 1 mango
- ● Whole grain artisan bread (estimated here 75g/person)
- ● Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ● Chili flakes (optional)
- Finely chop the garlic clove and mash the avocado, mix them together
- Add some lime juice, sriracha and salt and black pepper in the avocado mix. Adjust seasoning to taste
- Finely chop the red onion and chut the mango in pieces
- Drain the black beans and mix them with the mango and red onion and some lime juice
- Slice and toast your bread and top it with the avocado mash and the black bean salsa
- (Optional) Add some chili flakes on top if you want more kick