Hello summer and a green twist on coconut curry!
If you hate chopping but are still thinking about having a vegetarian dinner then this green pea curry could be something for you. The only ingredients to chop are one onion, two garlic cloves and 2 courgettes. I love curries and like to freestyle with spices based on what my taste buds tell me so remember to taste your curry and adjust the seasoning based on your own personal preferences.
It might not be the sexiest food on the planet but it’s quick, easy and tasty. The only thing that ads cooking time to this recipe is making the brown rice so if you are in a hurry maybe plan ahead and cook your rice in advance or just buy some cooked rice. The perfect mid-week dinner for boss ladies and gents, I say!
- • 500g brown rice
- • 2 x 400ml can coconut milk
- • 2 courgettes
- • 500g green peas
- • 150g spinach
- • 1 white onion
- • 2 garlic cloves
- • 1 tbsp coconut oil
- • 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- • 2 tsp ground coriander, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp paprika
- • salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook rice as instructed on pack in salted water
- Chop the white onion, garlic cloves and courgettes
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp coconut oil and the courgettes. Sauté the courgettes for a couple of minutes before adding the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion turns translucent
- Add all the spices and stir around a couple of times before adding the coconut milk, green peas and tamari sauce
- Cover the curry with a lid and let simmer under the lid for about 10 minutes
- Taste the curry for any additional seasoning needed
- Finally, add the spinach and stir around a few times so that it softens
- Serve the curry with rice