Ciao Bella, how about a mini break to sunny Italy with this mediterranean quinoa salad?
I am such a big fan of all Italian flavours and this salad combines some of my absolute favourites. Let me introduce you to this Mediterranean quinoa salad with spicy rocket, sweet basil, sun kissed tomatoes, kalamata olives and a mix of spices that remind me of Italy. Enough said?
It has quickly become my favourite salad. I also love the simple dressing in this recipe simply made by mixing some olive oil with balsamic vinegar and seasoning with salt and pepper. I just love the combination. You know when in Italian restaurants they bring you a small dish where you can make your olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing and then you just dip some white bread in it. I love it.
Enjoy the Italian flavours and let me know how you like it! In my books, Italians just do it better xx
- 120g Quinoa
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 1 x 400g can of Chickpeas
- 100g Rocket
- 20g (drained) Kalamata olives
- 40g (drained) Sun kissed tomatoes
- A bunch of basil
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Spices: Salt, black pepper, 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp thyme
- Prepare the quinoa as instructed on pack with vegetable stock cube. Let cool
- Mix the chickpeas with 1 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt, 1 tsp rosemary and 1 tsp thyme
- Heat up a pan over medium heat and roast the chickpeas for 10-15 minutes. Let cool
- Chop the sun kissed tomatoes and basil
- Mix all the ingredients together i.e. quinoa, chickpeas, rocket, olives, tomatoes and basil
- Make the dressing by mixing 1 tbsp of olive oil with 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and season with salt and black pepper. Pour this simple dressing in the salad and enjoy!