This protein packed peanut butter vegetable stir fry recipe is one of our all time favourites. Why? Well, first of all it’s super easy and relatively quick to make. Second, it’s full of nutrients and rich in protein which makes it a great post-workout meal. This is our go to meal after a long day at work followed by a late night work-out.
You know those days when you get home late, your brain has not been working for the past few hours and you’re just so hungry that you’re seriously considering chewing off your own arms. So that’s me pretty much every evening and that’s exactly when this food works wonders.
It takes about 30-40 minutes to make but most of that time goes in to cooking the lentils so the active cooking time is actually much shorter. And you get a hearty good meal that will put a smile on your face. I really hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 400g Green lentils
- Vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Broccoli head
- 200g Edamame or broad beans
- 200g Bean Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Water
- A handful (25g) of Walnuts
- Cook the green lentils in vegetable stock as instructed on pack
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the peanut butter with the soy sauce and apple cider vinegar. Add water as required (usually about 2 tbsp) to get a thinner, dressing-like consistency
- Chop the broccoli head to bite sized pieces
- Heat a pan with coconut oil and add the broccoli. Fry for 10-15 minutes until it starts to soften. Then add the beans and sprouts and sauté for a couple more minutes before adding the dressing. Toss in the peanut butter dressing and then take it off the heat
- Toast the walnuts on a dry pan if desired (you can also leave them raw)
- Serve the peanut butter veggies with the green lentils and top with walnuts