Avocado pasta made creamier than ever with silky smooth cashew cream.. what’s not to like? This cashew avocado pasta is so creamy and tasty that I could have it every day. Although, I’m trying not to have pasta every day..
If you are a pasta addict like I am and want to mix things up a bit at times or if you have some dietary requirements of your own, then see what other options to a traditional wheat based pasta you can find in your store. There are tons of alternatives out there. From whole grain based pasta to pasta made of vegetables such as courgette. I’m sure everyone can find a suitable option for themselves.
I made this pasta using ‘free-from’ spaghetti. It’s free from milk, wheat, gluten and egg.. WHAT? Well, it’s made of rice and maize flour instead. I’m not especially sensitive to gluten or traditional wheat based pasta but just wanted to try this out this time. And taste wise I didn’t notice any difference at all although, I must say I normally prefer whole-wheat pasta.
Pasta addicts be aware! This one is seriously addictive but I hope you enjoy the recipe. J
- • 1 medium avocado
- • 50g cashews
- • 1 garlic clove
- • Squeeze of lemon
- • 100ml almond milk
- • 1 yellow onion
- • 150g cherry tomatoes
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- • 250g pasta of choice
- • Sea salt and black pepper
- Put the cashews to soak in warm water for 20-30 minutes
- Chop the yellow onion and garlic clove and half the cherry tomatoes
- Put water to boil for the pasta with a pinch of salt
- Heat up a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and add the yellow onion. Sauté for a couple of minutes before adding the halved cherry tomatoes. Add some sea salt and black pepper. Sauté for a couple of minutes so that the tomatoes soften a bit but keep their shape. Add 1-2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and stir around until the liquid evaporates. Turn off the heat and put aside
- Put the pasta to boil
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce by putting the soaked cashews, avocado, almond milk and the chopped garlic clove into a blender. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, 2 tsp sea salt and some black pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt if needed
- Drain the pasta and then mix with the avocado sauce and the onion-tomato stir fry