This french toast will lift your spirit and bring a smile on your face. You know those weeks that suck the life out of you and literally kick you in the head multiple times? Those Saturday mornings when you wake up and still feel physically beaten and just utterly exhausted?
Well, I do and the only thing that will bring me back to life… is actually not these french toasts alone, but a lazy day at home in my PJs reading books, watching some none-sense from the telly, sleeping in and having some french toasts with a massive extra scoop of that delicious coconut nice cream.
Let yourself off the hook and give yourself the permission to do nothing, once in a while. You’ve most definitely deserved it.
Have a wonderfully sweet Saturday everybody. xx
VEGAN FRENCH TOAST WITH COCONUT NICE CREAM
Author: Antidote Kitchen
- 4-5 slices of bread (use something sturdy and rustic so that it doesn't get soggy. (I used a few days old sourdough)
- 200ml almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 bananas (frozen)
- ca. 100g coconut cream (scraped from the top of a coconut milk can)
- Optional: fresh berries (I used black berries)
- (Slice the bananas and let them froze in a freezer)
- Make a batter by mixing together the almond milk, ground flaxseed, maple syrup and 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and and add coconut oil
- Dip each slice of the bread in the batter and then put on the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes both sides, until golden brown
- To make the nice cream, open a can of coconut milk and scrape out the thick cream from top leaving the liquid behind. Put the thick cream in a food processor with the frozen banana slices and 1 tsp vanilla extract and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top the toasts with the nice cream and berries of choice. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 412 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 57 Sugar: 17 Fiber: 7 Protein: 8