Creamy pasta doesn’t always have to be that heavy. We made this green garden pasta salad on a warm summer night as a comfort food after a long day. It is a great alternative when you feel like having some creamy pasta but would still like to keep it relatively light and green.
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare so it makes a great mid-week dinner. It is also super easy to make so I guarantee anyone can master it. You can have it warm or cold and so if you make big enough batch for dinner then you can have the left overs as a cold pasta salad for lunch the next day. It could also make a great salad for a summer party.
Simple, fresh and creamy. I hope you enjoy this summery pasta salad.
- • 500g whole wheat penne pasta
- • 250g spinach
- • 2 x 250g can of sweet green peas
- • 250g soy yoghurt
- • 1 garlic clove
- • 1 lemon
- • Small bunch of fresh mint to taste
- • Salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted water as instructed on pack
- Rinse and chop the spinach
- Drain and rinse the green peas
- Chop the garlic clove and mix in with the soy yoghurt. Squeeze in the juice of the lemon and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the spinach, green peas and yoghurt dressing with the pasta. Finish off with the mint to taste and enjoy