It does not get any easier than this. I made this sundried tomato pasta to fuel for a long run but it would make the perfect easy and comforting dinner as well.
When prepping for a long run though, I do tend to have a bit more carbs than usual but I’ve realised that massive carb loading does not suit me. It just makes me feel heavy and bloated resulting in an uncomfortable run. So what I do is that I have pasta but I keep the amount to exactly what I’d normally eat. Also, I try to avoid having onion before my runs as I often get heartburn after eating it so this pasta dish is free from onion (but has some garlic in it instead).
Pasta is usually a good choice when you just need a quick meal and this sundried tomato pasta is probably one of THE easiest pasta dishes there is. I made the tomato sauce by just blending sundried tomatoes in a food processor together with one garlic clove and water to get a thinner texture. It makes a beautiful yet simple sauce (or it’s actually more like a paste) for the pasta. Then you just cook the pasta, roast some pine nuts and chop the olives. Finally, just mix all ingredients together and your dinner is ready. Voila!
- 300g pasta (I used Conchiglie pasta)
- 10-15 kalamata olives
- 1x258g can sundried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 25g pine nuts
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 1 handul of basil
- Sea salt
- Cook the pasta as instructed on pack in salted water
- Roughly chop the garlic clove and put in to a food processor together with the sun-dried tomatoes leaving most of the oil behind. Add also a pinch of salt and about 0.5dl/50ml water and then blend until smooth. Add water is required to get a thick sauce like consistency that blends well with the pasta
- Roast the pine nuts on a dry pan
- Chop the Kalamata olives
- Drain the pasta and mix in the sundried tomato sauce, Kalamata olives, rocket and basil. Top with the pine nuts and enjoy