This dish might be simple, but it’s not plain! It’s a simple Chickpea Tikka Masala which is full of flavour and makes a great mid-week meal.
I love these Indian inspired dishes and I’ve previously made a Sweet Potato and Chickpea Tikka Masala recipe which has become one of the most popular recipes on the blog. In this recipe, I’ve made a smooth sauce by blending the ingredients and only added chickpeas. You can use sweet potatoes in this recipe too. I just wanted to keep it simple here and skip baking the sweet potatoes.
This dish takes about 30 minutes to make and tastes excellent on the next day too so it makes a great packed lunch for work.
I hope this dish finds it’s place in your mid-week favourites too! xx
SIMPLE CHICKPEA TIKKA MASALA
Author: Antidote Kitchen
- 1x400g can chickpeas
- 1x400ml can coconut milk
- 1x400ml can plum/chopped tomatoes
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp ground coriander powder
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground cumin
- ¼tsp cardamom
- 1tbsp tamari sauce
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 100g basmati rice
- Cook the rice as instructed on pack.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add all the spices on a dry pan and stir for 30 seconds or so. Be careful not to burn the spices.
- Add then the coconut oil, garlic and ginger and keep stirring for few minutes before adding the canned tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes and move the sauce to a blender.
- Blend the sauce into smooth paste and bring back to the pan.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to the sauce. Add tamari sauce and bring to simmer. Taste and add more tamari sauce if required.
- Let simmer over low to medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the cooked rice and fresh coriander.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 366 Fat: 20 Carbohydrates: 38 Sugar: 4 Fiber: 6 Protein: 10